Thursday, April 14, 2011

Are You Depressed?

Well then depress no more.
Because I have the perfect-est solution.
As soon as this post ends, get out of your house, drive to the nearest mall 
(I would've said park, but what I'm about to suggest is only obtainable in malls nowadays, sadly).

Once there, go to the Food Court, or try to loiter around the kids-themed stores. Or even the lifts. 
 The lifts would be your best bet, methinks.

Once there, hunt for little babies in prams or in their parents' arms.


Now before I tell you what to do, it is imperative to not give up on the first try.

Because you are dealing with a breed that is distinctly uncultivated you might find yourself a little flustered and exercising your facial muscles a little more than necessary, but fear not.
Your efforts will bear fruit.

Okay, now look at the baby, and just grin.
Smile like you mean it, smile like you've never smiled before, smile like no one's watching. Not even the baby's mama.

And when the baby smiles back, you are no longer depressed.


If this simple and fail-proof solution somehow makes you cynical about why I think this will no longer depress you, I have the answer.
Children are not socially trained or adept to know when to smile and when to not. Unlike us adults, they dont do it out of obligation, societal compulsion or because they find someone more attractive than someone else. In that, their smiles are completely genuine. They smile at you because you appeal to them, they're not judging you by how many minutes you spent doing your hair, how sartorially-challenged you are, nothing. They smile because you made them happy, because something about that face you pulled, just something inexplicable made their day.
And when they cackle?
You can consider yourself out of Depressionland, and firmly stamped into Happyland.

Now fa la la la, my loves.

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome!.. Thank you for this post.
    Well if you're wondering who's this random chick, well i am Ayesha's friend came across your blog through her profile. Following since a while, good job. Keep'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vaidehi!
    This is SO super sweet of you!
    Thank you.
    And no, I dont wonder such things. I wonder things like why the sky is blue and not electric blue or mustard yellow. I can swear though, that you are wondering why this person wants the sky to be mustard yellow. I think its a nice colour.
    Also, I wonder why more random people dont come onto the blog. And why they dont comment!
    So for both the things, thank you VERY much. I love getting comments. (:

    DDLJ Zindabad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha.. thats sweet. Well maybe you should watch Rango. Its so beautifully done the animation looks almost real. There are a lot of night shots where the sky looks extremely beautiful merged colors of weird tones. i cant even explain. And do check out my blog.. its more serious though :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Rango. I'm not a big Johnny Depp fan (with the exception of Ed Scissorhands, which I love) but I shall just check that out, because I am a sucker for animation movies. You liked Rio? The trailer didnt seem too interesting!
    I love skies. I love stars in skies too. And I just love clouds.
    I diiiiiiiiiiiiiiid. Its pweettty cool!
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rio is so bloody cute. You'll fall in love with the birds and Rio. I am so desperate to visit that place. You should watch both.. you'll love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall take your word on that then. (:

    ReplyDelete