Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Abeerism,

This is not an entertaining or a funny post. These are a slew of thoughts that I have and would like to spew (get it, slew and spew?). I dont know if it will make any sense or not, but its just, on my mind okay?

So uno.
In a fit of Rage we forget who we are. That period or time that the rage holds onto us for, we forget everything. We forget how immortal our words and actions are, how they're about to shape someone's opinion of us for eternity, how it is perhaps the first thing someone will think of when they think of us. It is, however, not important about what we do then, but how we go about matters once we remember who we are, and once Rage loses its grip on us. We may be our worst in a rage, and before anyone loves (not. just. the. boy. girl. love) us for who we are, they ought to see that side too, for only when they see us at our worst would they decide if we're fit to be with them at their best (of course, it works both ways).
But then, is it not true that only in Rage are we the most of who we are? Worst and most. Our essence doesnt get any worse than that, nor any cruder. So yes, its definitely our worst time, but its also our most purest. Its like seeing something beautiful amidst a pile of refuse. Its certainly not meant to be pretty, but remember, your worst is you at your most!

deux.
Trust. Too often, trust is reserved for those whom we know best- sometimes by choice, sometimes because we have no other option (cue high school friends who know too much!). But I feel what is important to remember is to confide and trust not in them who give you sympathy, but in those you give you truth. Not in those who give you a pat, but those who give you a parting thought to go along with that. True friends act as a conscience when yours isnt in working condition. Trust those not because they are friends with you, but because knowing you in and out doesnt lessen their love for you. Reveal yourself, hide nothing from your best, and then see what a real friend is.

7 comments:

  1. I love you for writing this post Abeer. Lately i had been thinking about the same thing. But i just dint know how to put it across properly. You've done it for me. I am saving it in my note pad.
    You're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog, Abeer. However, let me, as always, play the devil's advocate.

    "But then, is it not true that only in Rage are we the most of who we are? Its certainly not meant to be pretty, but remember, your worst is you at your most!"

    Rage is a departure and in most cases, a far cry from normalcy. To think of that as one's purest form is akin to the thought that a car veering out of control is when it's most a car.

    It's not as much rage that reflects our true selves as does our ability to not succumb to that emotion.

    I will not blame my self for remembering what you did in a fit of rage, however, I will blame myself for building a basis for who you really are based on that moment..

    It is fair to say that one may say or do something hurtful when enraged; something they otherwise would not have done. But in acknowleding the latter, it follows on that what you do when you are enraged is not a revelation of who you truly are, but who you do not want to be.

    Just a parting thought .. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its very beautifully put. I wish you become a renowned author some day :) and I can say I saw her bud to her writing prime :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Vaidehi.
    Thank you. Your comment made my day, honest!

    Raian.
    Okay, analogies aside. Let me give you a situation. You meet someone, you dont really like them. What do you do? You walk away if you can, but more often than not, because you've been socially conditioned to behave in company/society, you grit your teeth and go along with it.
    When I say most, I mean you shed all inhibitions of sense, you know you dont have to put up a false front, one that you've been taught over years to put up because thats just not the way things are done.
    I still maintain that having seen a person in rage, their so-called 'worst', can you see who they really are, stripped off all social conditioning, because they're just so completely uninhibited. You can of course argue and say that even this is a put on behaviour, because in rage you're even in control of what you're saying and whatnot. But I dont know. I see a certain amount of honesty that you wouldnt find otherwise when one is in Rage. Of course, this is by no means advocacy for it, but I'm saying that yknow, there's another way to look at it too.

    PS. Beautifully put Raian. (:



    Aw, thank you Eddie. Sincerely. I dont think its that great a piece, but thank you very much for appreciating it so. Its always lovely to receive comments from people who like reading my work, constructive or otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww cheers, Abeer.

    I totally relate to and appreciate where you're coming from. My intention was to merely enable reciprocating in introspections; I find it's a bit of a fast track to getting to know someone well. However, I will be doing the clarity and simplicity of your blog post a disservice by philosophising any further. I'd much rather reserve it for when we meet one day!

    And very beautifully put yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aiyo Raian!
    Dont tell me I've put you off commenting any further. I loved the fact that you commented, it made my day! Please dont think that you ought not to just because I replied! I can totes take constructive criticism, I'd like to think. In fact, to be honest, I live for being able to see littul lovely comments lined up to be moderated!

    And you never have to clarify anything you meant. Ever. (:

    ReplyDelete