Sunday, April 17, 2011

Abeer Appropriates!

. i have a belief. that belief is that everything in life, every experience, every up and every down, can be found in songs by the Beatles, in Calvin and Hobbes comics and ABBA songs. for everything in life, there is an answer among these tomes of art. 

. what does bergamot smell like?

. why does no one want to take me out on a date to IKEA? i only want meatballs and a slice of Daim cake. i dont even want the blanched potatoes and cranberry sauce.
. speaking of which. which genius' idea was it to serve cranberry sauce with meatballs? how do they go?

. also. who on earth thought it would be romantic, of all things to have candle-light dinners? i for one, dont think so. yknow why? because a, you're in a restaurant right? you can barely read the menu in that sort of lighting. b, its such a good trick for them to serve you goop, just because you cant see it. c, im clumsy and klutzy enough without the aid of low-lighting to help me look like more of a spaz. not that i have ever been to a candle-lit dinner ever, but im just saying. its not practical yknow.

. Shangari and I did this really naughty thing in school the other day. this poster was up, for our upcoming Cultural Night, and there was this dude wearing a traditional Moroccan dress. to our prankful minds, it looked more like something out of Harry Potter, specially considering the dude who was modelling it was photographed with his cape on. so i got a pen, a piece of paper and drew painstakingly, 'Harry Potter: Coming to an MPH Near You. 23rd April'. because the event's on the 23rd and its at the MPH. haw haw. shangari helped me put it up. yknow the O in Potter? i even drew a little scar and spectacles. just to be cute. but some spoiltsport went and took my beautifully crafted poster off. beh.

. I Abeer Yusuf am in a perpetual state of happiness and heat.

. have you ever wondered why the sky is blue and no other colour. i ask of you, if you could choose a different colour for the sky, what would you choose? what colour wont you get tired of looking at if it were the sky?

. there is something i wish to do. i want to see how soft a towel will be, alternatively how long it takes to disintegrate if i were to leave it in a lake. i know itd sink to the bottom, but say there were no fish, no lake-life at all. what would happen to the towel? how long before it becomes really soft and almost threadbare?

. for the past many days, i have been wearing my high school sweater. you've seen it. and you've seen me in it. mama keeps insisting that i stop wearing it because it shows off my big bum in my jammies, but i like it. because its comfortable.

. my big point is that i love sweaters not for any other reason, but because they make you feel like someone is constantly hugging you. and who doesnt want that right?

. i love nothing more than going into the Lounge and hijacking the sound system. the other day i played I'm No Superman (theme song from Scrubs, remember?) and ABBA's Voulez Vouz. i also hijacked the sound system for this ticketing counter that has been set up for Cultural Night and played Sajnaji Vari Vari, Gal Mitthi Mitthi and Sadi Gali. because im desi and i can.

. tomorrow im going to play Elvis' Rubbernecking. its one of my absolute favourites.

. i have found to my disadvantage that almost all the girls i know are going to be wearing sexy saris while i will be the only one who's going to be sporting a Sonia Gandhi creation. jai hind.

. then again, they wouldnt call me Abeer if i weren't doing things differently no?

. so people call me A, they call me B, Bee. so on and so forth. is there any way to convince you to refer to me as E? because yknow, that sounds like a cute nickname too!

. my one true love in life? my quilt. ive had it since i was 5. and i love it. nothing makes me feel as comfortable, warm and fuzzy as does that. its like a lovely mug of hot chocolate overflowing with marshmallows on a cold snowy night in front of a warm cackling fire. i love my quilt. i will never give it up.

. im fly like a machar (machar is a fly in Hindi). haw haw.

. i have a thought. i think that when God created women, he told them that the one qualifying factor that would differentiate them with the other gender was the ability to fake an orgasm. only on the basis of that did he allow women to be women. i think.

. what is a tureen?

. i cant read my own handwriting. 

. i think orange is a lovely colour that looks lovely on almost everybody.

4 comments:

  1. I happen to think cranberry sauce goes perfectly with meatballs and turkey... I'm a big fan of combining fruit and meat... I would go with you to Ikea (not on a date, I'm not mushy enough to be the love of your life) but my sense of direction can't guide me there...

    Candle-light dinners are awesome because the light is forgiving... You can't see each others flaws in low lighting...

    The sky isn't always blue... Ever been outside at sunrise or sunset? Or nighttime? And I already don't get tired of looking at it so leave it alone please and thank you...

    Faking it is actually a bad idea... Cause then he'll think he's done well and will do nothing to improve his game... If he's in any way decent he'll try as hard as he can until you achieve it...

    A tureen is a serving dish for things like soup... It should be oval/round and deep with handles and a cover...

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped reading when you said date, so we're going to Ikea on a date.
    If I bring Tania along, who knows the directions, to act as GPS, would that work?

    Yknow, you always put a positive spin on my life. Thank you for that. But, I dont care much about the way the person looks! If I'm going out on a date with him, I must have already seen his face. What could he possibly hide after that?

    Okay fair enough about the sky, but yknow, shades of blue. I think I want a nice warm yellow. Yes, I shall change it to that tomorrow. Since I totally can.

    Alright, I concede defeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *machar is mosquito in hindi.
    hindi for fly is makhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. i stand corrected.
    thank you.
    i *have* never been able to get my machars and makhis right. just as i have consistently failed at getting my 1.5 and 2.5s in hindi right.

    ReplyDelete