Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gratitude

For Eid, I had haleem, gulab jamuns, a chicken kebab-roll made previously on my request and then some.
A few days later, I was able to eat Mama's special chicken samosas and fine meat kebabs.
I'm really grateful for a Mama like this, who knows that the way to your offspring's heart is through their stomach.
Also, a conversation that transpired between us last night.
Mama: I can't wait to go home (i.e. India).
Me: I thought I was your home.
Mama: No, you're not my home. You're the center of my home.

If you have a Mama too, go hug her. You're the center of her home too.

3 comments:

  1. damn you on describing ur menu ! ur making me hungry and its 3 DAYS AFTER EID !!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!
    but the good news is that you're at home now non?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL yeah !! homecooked lunches and dinners galore !!

    ReplyDelete