Monday, August 15, 2011

Mama O Mama!

. So yesterday I was sitting in the hall, working on something at the desktop computer. All of a sudden, from out of nowhere, I start hearing Mama shout 'Abu Zar!' 'Abu Zaaaaaar!' 'Abu Zaaaar!' And I freak out, obviously. So I go over to her in the balcony where she's still generously screaming out Abu Zar to the air and ask her why she's doing such a retarded thing. She stops to explain, "there's this kid who keeps screaming something inaudible and it sounds like he's saying Daddy or Abba or something and his voice sounds just like Abu Zars' (Abu Zar is the name of my little boy cousin, Mama's brother's son). So I'm just answering his call". And then she carries on, just like that, as though she's not doing anything out of the ordinary- adding to her call, "Abu Zar, haaan! Mein yahan hoon! (Abu Zar, yes! I'm right here!)". And I'm just like duuuuuuuude, that's really mental, even by my standards.

. I return back to my desktop and type out 'My mum is nuts' onto my Twitter status thingamajig. Rizwan replies, 'Now you know where you got it from'. For the life of me, I have nothing to say but to acknowledge the bare naked truth dripping from that diss. Honestly it was the best thing I'd heard that day.

. There's this new thing on Facebook where it shows you a 'This Year in History' kinda thing, except it does that with your status updates from the same date last or last year. It showed me mine from last last year (2oo9) and this is what I'd said- "Abeer Yusuf has parents that have the most AMAZING arguments!" Below that, I presume there was a conversation and to it I had added that Papa Yusuf had just returned from the cinema, having watched Kaminey and as usual the two Yusufs were bickering about something, and Papa was presumably taunting Mama, trying to imply that she wanted to insult him but couldnt out of respect, so he goes, "Razia kehti hai ke Kaminey dekh ke kaminey ho gaye".

. DONTCHA WISH YOUR PARENTS WERE FREAKS LIKE MINE? DONTCHA?

3 comments:

  1. hahaha i laughed out loud at the first point! your mama is way too cool for you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha "kaminey dekh kay kaminey ho gaye" wah :D

    ReplyDelete