Sunday, December 5, 2010

Balle Balle!

This is something I have wanted to tell people for quite some time now, but have conveniently forgotten time and again. Bad me, because this is THAT epic.
So in February or summat, I went to watch Valentine's Day with a friend.
The most notable scene for me, was nothing else but the Jessica Biel-thrown party where everyone converges at an Indian restuarant. 
Scenes take place, dialogues are said, and later you see all these Indian people dancing.
Jamie Foxx and Jessica Biel join them too.
While he's leaving or coming back (or something I dont care to remember), he sees a reveller (there's also a wedding reception going on simultaneously) and says,
'Balle Balle!'

Now, we all know what that means, but to the transcriber, it must have meant something else,
because the Malay subtitles came out as,
'Perut Perut!'

I think I was the only one who got the joke and saw the mistake he made. Evidently the person thought Jamie was saying Belly Belly, which logically translates into Perut Perut.

Lets Perut Perut to that shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment