Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mama O Mama!

So I've just come off dinner and Papa and I were teasing Mama about this prior thing, so she's a little on edge.

I say something to Papa (translated I'm bullying him about something) and Mama responds like, 'why are you saying that to him?'
To which I go, 'aap ko kya ho raha hai? aap ka blood pressure kyun high ho raha hai?' (whats it to you? why's your blood pressure rising?)
To which Mama goes, 'mera blood pressure high nahi ho raha hai, mujhe blood pressure hi nahi hai' (my blood pressure isnt getting high, i dont even have blood pressure).
To which I respond, 'I know. aap ke paas blood hi nahi hai*' (i know. you dont even have blood).
To which she goes, 'yeah, kyunki tu ne saara choos liya '(yeah, because you sucked it all out).

I spat my spaghetti out as a result of that.

*- I was trying to imply that she was bloodless like some kind of evil creature.

Edit: My mother just finished praying. As soon as she wrapped up the prayer mat, she comes up to me, mutters something and goes, "Allah meri bachchi mein se Shaitaan nikalde" (Allah, please rid my child of Satan).

4 comments:

  1. You know, once you're done making a cool book having a collection of all your blog posts and you've made your millions, I do believe your mum would deserve half of the money; at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA VSC, I barely get any visitors on the blog, what book publishing, what millions?
    All dreams in pipelines.
    Tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rare to find modesty in great writers...think Naipaul. You're the exception, clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you comparing me to VS Naipaul is about as awesome as it gets!

    ReplyDelete