Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mama O Mama!

. We were sleeping one day and talking about my impending nuptials (this is a joke) and Mama goes, 'Abeer, the only way any guy will ever marry you is if he's blind'. Then adds as an afterthought, 'and deaf'.

. We were sitting round the tv this one day and Papa saw Yusuf Pathan grimace at some slight injury on the field (IPL). So he goes, 'Look at that. Cant even take that much of pain. Such a drama queen. Pathan.' The Pathan part was meant to be like, 'o, he's a Pathan who're known to be strong but like yknow, he's not'. I dont think he's a real Pathan though, I'm not sure. Okay, this isnt about that. So when he said Pathan, Mama corrected him saying, 'no, he's behaving like a drama queen because he's a Yusuf'.
To which I said, 'if there's anyone who's more further away from their name Ma, its you'. Because we all know that Mama's name is Razia Sultana who was this brave freedom fighter for India at one point of time and whatnot. Compare Razia Sultana the freedom fighter and this woman, who's as meek as a mouse, tiny and small. Hilarious non?
But no, my mum has a wisecrack for me. She went, 'yeah, I suppose you're right. But if there's anyone the furthest away from their name its you Abeer, because you stink all the time'. My name means fragrance.
Of course the insult didnt stop there. She then went, 'O wait, just imagine if your name wasnt Abeer.' And I was like, 'uh, yeah? Then what?' To which she responds, 'You'd stink SO MUCH MORE'.

I hope these are grounds enough for me to elope once I do find Mr. Just Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment