Sunday, April 24, 2011

Good Evening World.

I realised its been moons since I've posted a music piece. I've been active on my Facebook radar, songs left right and center, its just here that I've been lagging behind.
Yanyway, the song of the moment is Pehla Nasha, from the movie Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar. If you're already cringing, I suggest you read no further. This was teeny-boppy, chocolatey-gooey romance at its 9os best. I dont know if you've watched Easy A or not (you must if you havent! I love it!) but there's this lovely line that I've personally fall in love with. I attach it below here for you.
Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life.

 Yknow this feeling? Pehla Nasha echoes it directly for me. Propotionately. Completely. Flawlessly.


Now there are hundreds of reasons to not like this song, and more importantly, to mock it. I list out the reasons below.

. Ramlal's Cafe is the desi laughable equivalent of Pop Tate's.
. Aamir Khan singing amidst the valleys. Worse- Rolling down the hill, alone. Looking like Jack from the poem.
. Pooja Bedi's cheesy Marilyn Monroe moment, in a red dress.
. Aamir Khan's fanny pack. I dont even know what to say about that.
. The triple action replay, where the same thing happens 3 times, magnified.

Here are the reasons why I love it.

. That whole chucking tea leaves in the tea plantation move? I did that as a kid at Cameron Highlands. Its liberating knowing that the tea bushes can support all your weight and you can rest on them. Its a lovely feeling.
. That slow motion moment of Aamir's as he falls in love into the arms of his friends? I've felt that. Love feels light and airy, just like that. Without the help of technology too.
. The classroom scene.
. The saxophone bridge in between. If I could hear that one tune all day, I would.
. The beauty of the words.

And here, as a bonus, a brilliant cover on the saxophone.


No comments:

Post a Comment