Monday, February 21, 2011

Abeer Appropriates!

. i left home, for home. i dont quite like the feeling of being back home for the first time in my life. something about falling back into the same grind of things and dealing with demons of a domestic fashion.

. i would like to invent a quote. that quote would be something to this effect- 'for everything good that happens, something equally bad takes place'.

. i have learnt that from experience. so i had a really horrible time with the graduation dress episode, which i havent been able to talk to anyone about, but this really awesome thing happened because of which it was all okay in the end. however, in place of that, ive forgotten my entire pink folder which contains ALL my certificates and allocades. ugh!

. we came by Air Asia. obviously there was no inflight entertainment. i was trying very hard while at home to finish that awesome book, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society book, but it wasnt working out because of the insane load of work we had. i think its quite sad that it took me a plane ride depleted of in-flight entertainment to read a book. but it was such good fun, that when i read a particular line, i started laughing my head off, and this firaang sitting perpendicularly opposite in front of me, kept staring back.

. everytime i laugh while reading a book, i feel like this man.

. and everytime i see that man, i wonder what book he was reading.

. i will dance to these songs to my wedding- the dhinchak one, and the lyrical one.

. back to the original topic. i was halfway through the book when i began reading it in the plane, and the uncle sitting next to me was reading a Grisham, entitled The Confession i think. i talked to him a little, just little tittle-tattle Abeer-style, offered him candy that Mama passed to me, and he asked me what book i was reading. i passed it onto him to read, and he fell in love with it too. he now has the book, is in KL for 7 days and will return the book when he's done with it.

. because only a book-devourer knows the value of a good book.

. i love uttering the phrase 'in my unesteemed and uneducated opinion'. i try and include it everywhere i need to project my opinion. its such a pseudo-humble phrase, its gives you the passport to be completely irrational and bigoted. in my unesteemed and uneducated opinion at least.

. i was kind of offered 2 jobs by 2 media channels. blessed, i am. AH.

. india is awesome because indians make Parle-G biscuits.

. i love Kit Kats.

No comments:

Post a Comment