Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mama O Mama!

. so we were at home, and just done with lunch. i took over dish-washing duties and while pointing to her ear, mama's like, 'where's the this for the that' (iske liye woh kahan hai?). she was looking for a Q-tip to clean her ears out, but evidently her mind was the muddled element here, because she ultimately found the name for the Q-tip and went, 'wheres the toothpick?'

. later on, i went in to sleep with her and she says, 'this is where i love having you. right with me'. and i asked her why. she replied, 'because i know that when you're with me, you're the safest. right in front of me, right with me. and i know my home is right by my side'. (one day, i wish to have a man who'd echo the same feelings for me. is that like gross?)

. mama toh mama khala bhi Subhan Allah. my maternal aunt wanted some dishes and while trying to ask for some melamine plates, says 'give me those melanine plates'.

. before coming here, i was reviewing a CD of mine, where i reported on the Monash Carnival '08. its sort of very lame, because its just me going around talking to random people from random stalls. but for some reason, i was extremely happy then and just going about being my jolly ol' self. so i put it on just to see if it was working, and lo and behold! mama's right behind me. she soon finds out that its me reporting and proceeds to scrutinising and criticising everything i was doing- which was mainly being happy. she's like 'you keep laughing at everything. youre going to make a pathetic journalist. you'll be talking about a tsunami, and you'll land into a fit of giggles'. to make matters worse, there was a part where i started giggling because this really silly thing happened that still makes me laugh. its not important though to this story. so mama goes into the loo shaking her head, muttering how hopeless i was, and right before she closes the bathroom door, she goes, 'abeer, do me a favour. make a copy of this CD and leave it outside. whenever i'll feel sad, i'll just look at this and start laughing'. then she closes the door, opens it, and says, 'o look. complacent'.

No comments:

Post a Comment