Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Best Friend And I

I just concluded a Skype session with my best friend, who lives about 20 minutes away from me. It was jally good and all, but some interesting tète-à-tète transpired.


So backlog. My best friend's FB profile picture was for a short period of time, this.



So now you probably think I have a bald best friend. No, I dont. 
This is what she really looks like.


Well with hair anyway.
So I saw the bald picture and I really liked it. But turned out it was just a Photoshopped thing and she was just seeing what she'd look like if she decided to go bald, a practical thought considering the temperatures we're living in at the mo are akin to that of a desert. Okay, maybe not like 40C or whatever, but we have humidity at 31C.
So anyway while I was looking at the picture, Mama snooped up behind me and thought the bald person was me. So I said no. Here's what I commented on Naina's picture. You'll get what happened.


"Dude. my mum said "Allah" when she first saw this and then she's like i thought you did this to yourself and i was like nah, its her. and she;s like are you sure? and im like DOESNT IT LOOK REAL TO YOU. and shes like yeah, but i didnt think... she'd actually do something like this. why did she do this? to which i said because she felt too hot.
and she was like o, she doesnt look bad, she looks okay but from afar she looks like a monk."

Naina replied:
"WTF MAN! go tell her i didn't do it!!!!!!! damn ruined my impression! aiyo! i have a reputation to maintain u know."

To which I replied:
"you're bald now.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

To which she replied:
"*sobs* you're evilllll !!!!! how can u let her think im bald now! she mus be thinking im nuts..."

To which I said:
"hahahahahahhahahahahaha.
yeah."

And then our other best friend, Su, came in and was like all, Nooo dont do it, it wont suit you and whatnot.
But I liked it. Coz I think it's cool that way.

So yadda yadda yadda, we start Skyping today and the first thing Naina tells me is "Get your mother here and show her that I'm not bald." I refused and of course,
that was that.

After the conversation ended, my mum asked me,
"Has her hair grown a little yet?" 
I replied,
"O, you didnt see? Yeah, its growing back, but VERY slowly."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

_______________________


In the same Skype conversation, Naina told me something very sweet, interrupting me too.
She said, "Abeer, I love you. You know why? Because there is no one in the entire world like you."

This is what both my best friends look like.


Arent they so awesome looking? You can visit them both.
Su's on the left, while 'Naina' is on the left.



And yes, I'm aware that the blacked out eyes don't do much, but:
a. I'm cool like that.
b. You'd still have a bit of a challenge imagining those exact pictures without the invert-ninja eyes.

3 comments:

  1. for a second (or two), even i thought she had shaved her head off.. then i saw the second picture and i'm like "phew".

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaarrghhh! Abeerrr how could you! *sniffle* hahahahaha! you're evil, man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha, all in good fun love.
    (:

    yeap, that was the intention!

    ReplyDelete