Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hello, I am a Blog Post. What Are You?

Hi there.
Yes you.

My name is Blog P. (P is for Post, obviously). You can call me BP for short. I am about a few hours old, and I live at www.justabeer.blogspot.com. You can visit me here anytime you like. Mind you, I had to take up an address that was convenient for everyone to remember and visit, since I know you'll want to see a lot more of me, now that I'm here.
That's a funny story you know, how I and my address came to be. I was first conceived in the mind of my Supreme Creator, Abeer, and delivered through Blogger.com, my Creator's doctor. I was planted into my Creator by a delightful human being called Hiba T., as well as various other inspirational individuals, who slowly worked overtime in the mind of my benevolent Creator, convincing her that I would be a good idea.
While that was a simple enough task, my poor Creator had a very hard time establishing where I and my future family ought to reside; after all, there are going to be very many of us (haw haw). So She set about furiously calling Her closest and most creative friends. None of them picked up unfortunately.
But mercifully for Her, one of Her best friends picked up the phone, offering the suggestion of kaalimaa.blogspot.com, as my Creator is known for some legendary facial expressions. Rejecting the idea on the basis of a potential lawsuit, they moved onto the next name, dolceabeer.blogspot.com, but it didn't quite have such a ring to it, so the next option my esteemed Creator came upon was missmerryflippins.blogspot.com. This also happens to be one of Her monikers, my cute adorable pumpkin of a Creator!
Relentless in the pursuit further of a perfect name that probably didn't take up so much character space, She then decided to open the floor to everyone and anyone, desperately calling for help. The call was answered by 4 noble people, who offered (in no particular order) the following suggestions:

toabeerronottoabeer.blogspot.com (Too long! It would take me moons to go around telling people that's where i live!)

abeerfullof______.blogspot.com (yes, my Creator wasn't too amused with that innuendo)

HA!ABEER.blogspot.com (I would sound too excited to be living, which I am actually, but there's something very intimidating about CAPSLOCK non?)

tellmesoabeer.blogspot.com (which sounded a lot like tell me sober, so no.)

meetabeer.blogspot.com (which sounds like a marriage/online dating mission)

writingsofabeer.blogspot.com (which wasn't too bad frankly)

simplyabeer.blogspot.com

fromabeer.blogspot.com

beabeer.blogspot.com (which the Creator's mother actually came up with, the ingenious gem who gave birth to the diamond that you and I both have the privilege of knowing. Despite the brilliance of this name, it could not be used, as it sounded conspicuously similar to a certain sheboy)

handmeabeer.blogspot.com (which some tool came up with)

thoughtsofabeer.blogspot.com

queena.blogspot.com (I thought this was perfect too, but as always, my humble Creator's humility humbled me, and we decided to keep looking)

sheisabeer.blogspot.com ( She sounds like the Hulk, doesn't she?)

insideabeer.blogspot.com (my sentiments exactly)

bitchybee.blogspot.com (this was suggested by the kind Creator's best friend. This friend is definitely not being invited to her Greatship's wedding, as said friend further insulted her by pleading to her in CAPSLOCK that she ought not to use her alliteric email address as an address. Pfft)

Meanwhile, 2 diligent friends of her Greatship worked simultaneously to proffer my Creator adjectives, which try as they may and fail in encapsulating the exact amount to Greatness that is Her (for there are no words that do her due justice), were put up to spin off a potentially creative address. I present to you the words:

crazy, mental, sillyface, cheery, pretty, beautiful, chatterbox, fun-loving, kind, cute, popular, and tapping material (yes, my cheeks flushed too).

Somewhere in there though, there lay a gem of an address, thought of by a highly intelligent individual -justabeer. Yes. In that moment, it was as if the Gods of the Bandwidths were smiling from up above, and the stork dropped one beautiful bundle for all of you to enjoy- me.

________________________________________________

Now that you have been entertained, lets switch the narrative to 1st person. Its been roughly 2 years since I stopped blogging; reasons of which include complete exhaustion while keeping up with school, laziness, hatred of the written word courtesy of thick Readers and complex jargon and a lack of enthusiasm of storytelling for my ghost fans. But as I proceed to my last few days as an Undergraduate, I feel that the sad circle of my online life has become complete. My last entry on a blog was in my First Year 2nd Semester. I am now in my Third Year 2nd Semester. It is only fitting that I begin to jot down my thoughts, my frustrations, my epiphanies, my stories, all and sundry. I must thank Hiba T for encouraging me to begin a blog, having tantamount faith in what would create creative entries (I hope I don't disappoint) and Hunaina and Su for sitting through the name perusals. Fi, Priyanka, Shreya and Amir for endlessly suggesting names in a span of 20 minutes (fyi, Amir came up with justabeer. (:) I would also like to thank a few unnamed bloggers whose work I've been reading and enjoying of late.
While I will be using this as an outlet to vent my occasional frustrations against life and the people that go along with it, I hope it becomes The Blog That Will.

The Blog That Will Make You Smile.
The Blog That Will Make You Think.
The Blog That Will Cause You To Reach For A Tissue
and most importantly,
The Blog That Will Make You Come Back For More.


PS. This is also the first and last post that makes near-proper use of punctuations and capital letters. While I pride myself in being an unemployed-grammar-Nazi, I am also aware that the size of my impatience is akin to that of a tiny oil spill off the coast of Mexico. Let's get started then, shall we?

7 comments:

  1. heyyy! i like bitchybee! *thumbsup*

    oo now that u mentioned that its been 2 yrs since u stopped bloggin i remember the time u have a blog on live spaces, was it? something to do with the MSN place, right?

    oye, hello? ive been asking you to create a blog for the longest time too! it wasnt just the names i helped you with! -_-

    woohoo!!!! keep em updates coming regularly!

    p.s. you have been added to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me, but I think motor-mouth makes a great name. Long live justabeer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. toabeerornottoabeer was gold! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. "my cute adorable pumpkin of a Creator"
    ...I don't know whether to laugh or to cry anymore! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay yes hunaina forgive me. you're the greatest and you're pratically the reason why i chose black as the colour of my blog title. bas?

    o loe. you know.
    (that rhymed!)
    you KNOW that was awesome and you wanted to just get up and smush me like butter between your fingers when you read that. dont deny it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! all that for a blog name? haha, jk..i'm loving your blog..i know this comment should have been at the top but jo bhee..its awesome!
    Here's to more awesome blog posts
    Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete